We know that exercise can help people with lung conditions. There is research showing that when you complete a structured exercise programme (with an education component) of:
- at least 6 weeks in duration
- at least 12 supervised sessions
- supervised, individually tailored and prescribed, progressive exercise training including both aerobic and resistance training
- Improvements in exercise capacity
- Improvements in shortness of breath
- Improvements in physical activity
- Improvement in your daily activities
- Improvements in your psychological status
A 1:1 pulmonary rehabilitation programme with me will ensure you are exercising correctly and completing a programme that is tailored for you.
It will consist of an exercise component and an education component.
The exercise component will be a combination of aerobic exercises and strength training.
The education component will be individualised to you, but can consist of discussions surrounding:
- Diagnosis understanding of your respiratory disease
- Shortness of breath and fatigue management
- Understanding your medications and reviewing your inhaler technique
- Airway Clearance
- Nutrition guidance
- Relaxation and anxiety management
- Managing an exacerbation