Up to half of all women experience weakness in both the abdominal muscles and pelvic floor muscles after pregnancy. Up to a third still have a tummy gap at eight weeks. This can cause instability or poor core strength leading to pelvic or back pain or bladder, bowel and sexual dysfunction. These conditions should not be something you should just put up with as a result of having a baby! Some women who have had their baby many years ago still suffer with problems; so it is never too late to book in.
What happens in a Mummy MOT?
- Full postural screen.
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment.
- Abdominal muscle exam to check for any separation.
- Screening for bladder, bowel or sexual dysfunction.
- Education and advice on safe activities such as lifting your baby or pushing a buggy.
- Bespoke rehabilitation programme with your goals and lifestyle factors in mind.
- Written report of the findings of your assessment (emailed to you within 72 hours).
Follow up Appointments
- Progression of your bespoke rehabilitation programme
- Further education and advice regarding the problems you are experiencing
- Hands on treatment if appropriate to your presentation
The cost of a Mummy MOT Assessment at Charlotte Owen Physiotherapy is £80. This includes:
- 1 hour assessment as described above
- The assessment taking place in the comfort of your own home
Follow up appointments cost £55 as per a standard women’s health follow up assessment.
You can book your appointment here: contact
Once you have booked your appointment you will be emailed a pre-appointment questionnaire to fill in. This will be reviewed on your first visit.