Skin Regeneration & improving the appearance of scars with the use of NAQI Scar products
Damage to the epidermis does not leave scars. Injuries that penetrate through to the dermis do. The deeper the skin injury, the longer it takes for the skin barrier to be restored.
The renewal of the epidermis take fourteen days. Depending on the depth of the wound, the increased trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL) may persist for 150 to 500 days.
While the epidermis is not functioning completely and the dermal remodelling is not completed, the barrier function of the renewed skin is problematic and needs special care in order to combat further water loss. This renewal process goes hand in hand with dry, itchy skin that is much more sensitive. It is more easily penetrated by irritant substances, allergens and micro-organisms.
Essential Fatty Acids
Linoleic and linolenic acids are essential fatty acids that are not produced by the body.They have to be ingested in the form of food. These fatty acids are necessary for the synthesis of cell membranes and prostaglandins, for defense and growth mechanisms and for the physiological and biochemical procedures of cell regeneration. Linoleic acid is necessary for the formation of ceramides in the intercellular space and involved in the skin barrier. A lack of these essential fatty acids leads to flaky skin with increased porosity. Several surveys have confirmed the positive effects of locally applied essential fatty acids.; local application of linoleic and linolenic acid slows down the trans epidermal water loss (TEWL) and the emergence of elements that increase the risk of inflammation.
(Information taken from NAQI website)
I use the following NAQI scar products with my patients. Now you can buy them to continue your treatment at home.
Skin regeneration at the start of the aftercare
Activates the skin regeneration process in case of scars and striae.
· Optimises the barrier function.
· Promotes skin regeneration.
· Improves skin elasticity.
· Improves the appearance of scars.
· Increases the moisture content of the skin.
· Optimises the quality of primary care.
Directions: Massage a few drops of NAQI® Repair into scars and striae twice a day until completely absorbed. For rehabilitation therapy, Repair can be combined with ultrasound therapy. Use for two to three weeks.
Packaging: 10 ml
NAQI Repair Oil
NAQI Skin Optimising Oil
NAQI® Cica Cream:
· Improves the appearance of the scars, the barrier function and the skin elasticity.
· Facilitates functional rehabilitation.
· Facilitates the process of putting on pressure garments.
· Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids (Seabuckthorn and Camelina Sativa Seed Oil) stimulate the skin regeneration.
· Palmitholeic acid Omega 7 Fatty Acid accelerates cell rejuvenation, improves the the healing process and prevents deterioration of the cell membranes.
· Opuntia Ficus-Indica Stem Extract and Bisabolol prevent and reduce irritations and itching.
· The liquid crystal structure rebuilds and restructures the natural skin barrier.
· Hippophae Rhamnoides Berrier Extract hydrates and smoothens regenerated skin.
· Daily care of burned skin.
Use: Gently apply NAQI® Cica at least twice a day. The skin requirements may vary throughout the year: in the winter a more intense nourishing is required by using the NAQI® Cica Cream. In the summer the NAQI® Cica Gel is advised because it gives a lighter feel. To increase the efficiency of the treatment see the NAQI® Scar Massage and Micro-mobilisation techniques.
Packaging: 100 ml
NAQI CICI Cream